These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD Dry input (DAW)
by roesler13 on 2012-01-23 00:54:30

I bought the pod HD 500 last year after upgrading from the Pod X3 live. I was extremely disappointed that you guys didn't take the time to add one of the best features to the Pod HD, the dry input recording feature that would allow you to change your tone after recording. I have a very nice tube amp which has a tone that destroys anything the Pod could ever make with its digital fake tone, but still, I like to use it for recording at night or for rough recordings. No need to tell me to submit a feature request, I have done this at least 3 times and have not received any response. I know others have requested the same feature too.

This is my first time coming back to this site in months and I still don't see any news about this. I just see others asking the same thing I am. Add it please? Its about time to do so.

Re: Pod HD Dry input (DAW)
by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-23 03:01:41

If I understand what you are trying to do ...

You could make a dual channel patch with a modelled amp and effects on the 'left' side and no effects or amp on the 'right'.  Pan the mixer left and right within the HD.  Then record the left output to one channel on your recorder and the right output to another.  That way you have your clean, uneffected take and your processed take.

Does that sound like a goer or am I misundertanding?

by guitars69 on 2012-01-23 11:18:13

I think you can also use the S/PDIF output as dry even with a normal signal.  This requires you use an additional sound card with S/PDIF inputs.  Some motherboards include that these days, though the latency is probably crap on those.

I'd pick up a used Toneport UX8 or even a cheap alternative brand and you'll be good to go. 

by Line6david on 2012-02-09 11:00:11

+1 to jimsreynolds and guitars69,

The SPDIF out can send only a dry signal or you can create a dual tone and keep one side of the patch "clean". Both option would leave a dry signal so you can use plugins later.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by roesler13 on 2012-02-14 13:35:50

Ok, but I cant use the HD models as a VST, so what am I suppose to use?

by silverhead on 2012-02-14 14:24:01

You can use Pod Farm.

http://line6.com/podfarm/">http://line6.com/podfarm/">http://line6.com/podfarm/

Or you can use the HD device itself to reamp the dry signal but you will need a seperate multi-channel audio interface to your DAW while using the HD analog audio inputs and outputs.

by giwrgos_sd on 2013-02-27 04:49:59

Hi, i have pod hd bean, and i'm facing the same problem now, i want to record a clean guitar and then with the pod hd while i'm hearing the recorded guitar make my sound. Is there a way? and if so is there an analytical guide how im going to do this?

Thank you in advance

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.