These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

My iPad does not accept mobile in, please help?
by TheMikeVanDyke on 2011-12-15 11:26:47

Hi!

Just bought the mobile in, but when I tried to connect it to my iPad2 I got a error message saying that that the mobile in is not a accepted accessory to iPad.

*I have the latest iTunes and iOS(5.0.1)

*The mobile pod does not find the mobile in

*when I go to settings -> about I see the mobile in and the specification/firmware

Any idea what could be wrong, missing som drivers maybe?

/Mike

Re: My iPad does not accept mobile in, please help?
by TheMikeVanDyke on 2011-12-16 00:03:00

btw,

I have followed the mobile in FAQ:s, still no different:

Q: What should I do if my Apple® device is not recognizing the Mobile In adaptor when it is plugged in?

A: Check your iPhone or iPad to be sure the latest version of the iOS operating system is installed update if necessary, instructions to do so can be found here. Disconnect the Mobile In adaptor and reconnect it, making sure the Mobile In adaptor is firmly connected to your iPhone or iPad’s device’s 30 pin dock connector. Check Settings > General > Accessibility, and then turn Mono Audio off. If the adaptor is still not being recognized by your Apple® device, it may be necessary to backup and restore your current iOS installation using Apple®’s instructions located here.

/Mike

by TheMikeVanDyke on 2011-12-21 00:10:33

I found the solution.....I went back to the store and changed the damn thing...and now it works. :-)

Found some other issues when using GarageBand, sometimes it just get all fizzy and the connection just sucks, then you just haft to restart GB.

So all in all, some improvements to the software is welcomed. 

/Mike

by peelm on 2011-12-21 06:36:30

I’m bitterly disappointed by the whole thing.

In my view, the product is not ready for release and has been rushed out.

The device needs a re-design, the app needs the stability issues fixed. That’s when you can get the damned thing to fire up at all.

Mine is wrapped as a xmas gift from my wife, and it’ll probably go straight back for a refund.

by Line6david on 2011-12-27 14:58:54

Hi,

Is it possible for you to post a sound clip of the "fizzyness"?

Does it happen randomly or during a certain usage?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by rwfrancis on 2012-02-19 07:09:53

I guess I'm headed back to the store too.  I just bought mine yesterday and my iPhone / Mobile In app won't recognoize it.  My phone has the latest updates on it (5.0.1).  I deleted the app and re-downloaded it twice...that didn't help.

by rwfrancis on 2012-02-21 06:28:47

I went back to the Guitar Center here in Nashville yesterday to exchange my Mobile In.  We went through five units and none of them worked.  It should be noted that the box I bought a few days ago looked brand new, but all the ones they had left looked beat up and torn as though they had all been returned too.

I've checked my iPhone operating sytem and it's the latest version iOS 5.0.1 and it tells me my software is up to date.

I've deleted the iMobile app from my iTunes and iPhone and re-downloaded it several times.

Still....six Mobile In's didn't work.  The appsays "Mobile In Not Found".  Itried a guitar and headphones to see if it worked anyway, but it didn't.

I travel frequently for work and was really looking forwarded to using this thing with my Traveler Guitar.

by Line6Don on 2012-02-21 09:40:01

What model of iPhone do you have?

Are you using a case of any kind on your iPhone?

I would suggest to check Settings > General > Accessibility, and then turn Mono Audio off. If the adaptor is still not being recognized by your Apple® device, it may be necessary to backup and restore your current iOS installation using Apple®’s instructions located here.

The problem could potentially be with your iPhone's 30-pin dock connection, have you had a chance to try other iOS accessories that use the dock connection to confirm that there is not something wrong with your dock connection?

by hassaan on 2013-03-27 06:24:13

Hi David

It's been almost a year since i have been using Mobile in with iPad and only recently the said sounds of fizzyness were produced when i connected the device to be used with mobile POD. If i plug in the device after a break of say 15-20min, it works fine for about a minute or two and then it starts producing a werid sound which is a mix of fizzy/digital signal processing type sound. I have even tried changing the guitar cable, restoring my iPad, and re-connecting the device countless times. So far I have only been able to figure out that the noise is not created because of some fault in cable but even if the device is connected without any cable, it tends to produce that sound.

Can you kindly guide me as how to overcome this issue? Thanks

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.