These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

USB Port on POD HD500 (pins bent)
by Chorbz01 on 2011-12-11 11:04:47

So, the pins on the USB port on my POD HD500 got bent. I tried straighting them out with tweasers but now the unit will not connect USB to my Mac. The mac says that it is drawing too much power from the USB port and deactivates it. I need a new USB port for my pod.

My questions.

-Is this covered under waranty?

-Do i have to send my entire POD to a service center? (there is not a service center within 200 miles of me)

-Can I get a replacement USB port and if so, is it easy to install? (I suck at soldering)

-Has anyone else ever had this problem? I've owned many numerous USB devices and have never in my life have had a pin bent on a port.

Thanks,

Jon

Re: USB Port on POD HD500 (pins bent)
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-12-11 11:15:33

Hi

You will need to send your POD HD500 to an authorised repair centre.  This is not an end user fixable problem.

Whether it is covered by warranty or not will depend on the age of the unit and exactly how the pins got bent in the first place (mis-use or manufacturing defect)

Nick

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-11 15:01:16

Chorbz01, sorry this happened to you, the same thing happened to me, luckily I was able to get it replaced cause I only had it for 2 days....

Nick_Mattocks....This is a manufacturing defect or should I say, the manufacture dropped the ball with it. Never in my life I have I seen such a cheaply made USB port. All the time and money invested in the HD500 just to cheap out on that, doesn't make any sense at all....Look at printers, cable modems, cameras, etc...  they all use a "block" to connect the USB to, not four pins. Line 6 should be responsible for each and every one that gets a bent pin because they should have never used pins to begin with!!

by Chorbz01 on 2011-12-11 15:43:28

I have no problem with shippping it to a service center as long as shipping costs are covered under warranty and the turnaround time be fast. I bought this unit new from Sweetwater in July so th warranty should be valid. The pins got bent by simply plugging a USB cable into it. There was no force of any kind.

I agree with holeshot. This is manufacturing neglect. I just checked every other USB device in my household and not one has pins.

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-11 16:47:00

Yeah, mine got bent 2 days after I got it. Thankfully I was able to return it for another unit. If you don't plug it in just right, your up the creek without a paddle. In the event you get it to a service center, you'll probably end up with a refurb unit....I know a electronics guy, I thought about asking him if he could replace that cheap POS they put on with a good one.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-12-12 02:05:00

holeshot1982 wrote:

Nick_Mattocks....This is a manufacturing defect or should I say, the manufacture dropped the ball with it. Never in my life I have I seen such a cheaply made USB port. All the time and money invested in the HD500 just to cheap out on that, doesn't make any sense at all....Look at printers, cable modems, cameras, etc...  they all use a "block" to connect the USB to, not four pins. Line 6 should be responsible for each and every one that gets a bent pin because they should have never used pins to begin with!!

It may be a manufacturing defect or it may be something else.  I am not in a position to say what the cause of failure is.  The Service Centre or Line 6 will make a decision on that.  I hope that the OP can get it fixed under warranty, but again I am not in a position to make that decision.  

To get it fixed it will have to go to an Authorised Service Centre regardless of whether it is a manufacturing defect or something else

I have had a POD HD500 for 18 months and mine has a central supporting plastic block to hold the USB plug in the correct position. 

There was no mention of the central white or black plastic block being missing in the original post and there still hasn't been any mention of this since.  The central supporting plastic block can be snapped by accidentally stepping on the USB plug whilst connected.  Whether or not this is the case I have no idea and whether or not the central plastic block was ever present on the OP's unit I also have no idea.  However the USB connector in the POD HD500 should be just the same as you find in a printer or any other device that uses a similar connector - meaning it should have a central supporting plastic block.

Your issue does sound like the block was never there and Line 6 sorted it out for you under warranty.   I hope the same will be true for the OP but at this stage he hasn't mentioned the plastic block being missing so the problem isn't necessarily the same as yours.  The unit will have to go in to a Service Centre for assessment.

Nick

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-12 04:01:52

Interesting that you say yours has a block, mine was brand new and only had 4 pins. A friend of mine that has a used one only has 4 pins, in any case I hope your right and that the next one will have a block instead. I didn't send my back to line 6. I sent it back to the place where I bought it from, since I only owned for 2 days they are replacing it with a new unit.

And the OP does mention the pins so that means the plastic block isn't there. If it were, you shouldn't be able to see the pins at all.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-12-12 04:18:18

Yep - that's correct.  It would seem that the central plastic block is missing.  I have seen a couple of reports where the block was there initially and was then snapped off and pulled out by the USB cable plug.

Can you be certain that no-one had used your initial POD and maybe snapped the block off?  In other words was your unit still sealed inside plastic in its box or had it been opened?

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter.  The plastic block would appear to be missing for the OP too I guess.  The only question is how it came to be missing as the USB socket would originally have been just a normal socket with the plastic central support block.  It may have just been a duff socket with a pre-existing fracture for whatever reason and may have broken off easily.

As I said I hope the OP gets a good outcome when he sends or takes his unit in to a Service Centre.

Nick

by Chorbz01 on 2011-12-12 08:35:22

I never noticed a central plastic block in the port, but to me honest I never looked for it either. I know there are 4 pins in there which have been straightened out by tweasers, but the usb port is inoperable.

I am the only one who has ever used the unit and I bought it brand new from Sweetwater. The USB cable that came with the HD 500 is also different from other USB cables I own as it has 4 holes for the pins as opposed to the others which are "open blocks." Like I said, alll I did was plug the cable in and it didnt' work. I didn't even use any force!

I'm concerned about having a lengthy turnaround time for repair. The closest service center is 200 miles away form me, so it's not like I could just drop the thing off and pick it up in a few days. It'll have to be shipped and god knows how long it will actually take to repair it. I know it's an easy repair, but in my experience, I've had "easy" repairs take months!

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-12-12 10:04:18

I understand your frustration.  It does have to go away to be repaired whatever happens I'm afraid.  I suggest you give Line 6 a call to discuss the issue and possible solutions with a Customer Support rep.

Line 6 - North America

Line 6, Inc.
26580 Agoura Road
Calabasas, CA 91302-1921

Main Phone#: (818) 575-3600

Main Fax#: (818) 575-3601

Good luck

Nick

by infaddict on 2011-12-12 10:54:38

Guys, I had one unit that was brand new from a shop and within 2 hours, the middle black square thingy had pulled out of the unit, causing the pins to bend.  I returned it to the shop and got a new one which has been ok so far.

The USB port is not great thought, the lead is a bit loose and wobbly in it, should be snug and tight.  This is a design or manufacturing flaw and Line 6 should replace all units with this problem (in my opinion).

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-12 14:03:50

You make a good point, the USB cable that came with mine was the same way, 4 slots for the pins, not like a standard USB cable. It really is a shame it was done this way..... Mine was brand new as well, new box,plastic, taped up as it should have been so I know this is how they are shipping them.... Even if it did have a block for the port, it shouldn't "snap" off. Not trying to rag on you Nick_Mattocks just stating the obvious...

Keep us updated on what happens....If/When my new one comes in, I'll check the USB port first thing and even post an image if it would help anyone..

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-13 04:00:14

Just found this picture online and there is indeed a block on this one, so the USB cable itself had to be different. They really couldn't have saved that much money by removing that block could they?1-051-051405_1-Line-6-POD-HD500.jpg

by Line6Hugo on 2011-12-15 16:59:36

USB cables are not available with 4 holes for the pins like you mentioned in your last post.  I'm pretty sure that it's the center supporting block of the USB port stuck in the cable's connector.  Which means, someone connected the cable (and possibly broke it) before you received it.

I would contact your dealer and verify if the unit was ever sold to anyone else before it got to your hands. Otherwise, it will have to go to a service center for warranty repair: http://line6.com/service_centers/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-16 03:51:37

Line6Hugo that is a good point that I didn't think about or even look at on the USB cable. My new HD500 will come in today so I'll be to confirm 100%.....

Chorbz01 can you see if it's possible to pull the "block" piece off the cable?

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-17 05:51:08

Got my new one and it does ineed have the block on the pins, but as others have said, very cheap!! I seen someone just created another thread and mentioned the same thing happened. It's a shame that I will have to "baby" this thing when connecting to my computer but I can treat all my other devices like normal. Aside from that, LOVE it!! But that is a MAJOR flaw since the computer is REQUIRED for updates...

by Line6Hugo on 2011-12-21 17:40:39

Just noting that these devices have what seems to be the same USB port as all of the other devices we make and these ports will not break unless they have been abused such as stepping on the USB cord while it is plugged in or anything of that nature aside from just pulling it straight out from the back.  From what I'm reading on this thread, it appears that a couple of you have received possibly used units that were shipped to you where the USB port was previously broken with the center block of the USB port still in the USB cable end.  If that's the case, you should probably contact your dealer asking if this is indeed a new unit.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by mput on 2011-12-22 04:07:50

after reading this I looked at mine and it has 4 pins too. i thought it felt wierd.  so mine is broken too??  strange   i baby this thing too.

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-22 04:33:29

Yes if they are abused they will break, that's with anything BUT it's not a secure connection when plugged in, that's not user error, that's design flaw. And so far the only people saying otherwise are representatives from Line 6. Everyone else seems to agree Line 6 cheaped out on this one.....My guess is that black block connected to those pins gets weak from pulling out the USB cable over and over again until it just gives a away..... And that shouldn't happen.....  And who knows maybe it was just a number of units made during a certain time frame..... but part of the blame should still be placed on the people who built the thing...... I appreciate you trying to be helpful but saying it appears I bought 2 used units from a reputable online dealer (AND everything was factory sealed) doesn't help very much.

Not trying to be a jerk about all this, but when this happens to other people and they find this forum I want them to know it wasn't necessarily their falut or their dealers falut....

by Chorbz01 on 2011-12-22 08:24:28

Following up...

I checked the cable, and yes the block was broken off and stuck inside the cable. As a test, I took an old external hard drive that I no longer use and I forcefully and repeatidly plugged in and removed (something I NEVER did to the HD500 or any other device in my life) a usb cable to the port on the hard drive. I did this for 10 minutes and it was in tact. So the USB port on the HD500 is obviously of low quality, much like the power switch was on my Vetta II when I had that. Word of advice to all POD HD owners, gently (and I mean GENTLY!!) insert and remove the USB cable from the unit. It obviously does not take much to break this thing,

The sad reality is that I am going to be without this unit for weeks because I have to ship it to a service center and the 3 that I spoke with all said that they do not have any parts on hand for the HD500 and that Line 6 is notoroious for long delays when shipping parts to them. I usually don't complain about things like this but in this instance, I have gigs and sessions booked where the HD500 was playing an integral role. I am now forced to find a suitable backup that will not cost me an arm and a leg, which is not going to be easy. I'm very disappointed that the decison to use such a cheaply built USB port is causing me such grief!

by holeshot1982 on 2011-12-22 16:07:46

Mabye they'll chime in a say you got a used unit for your dealer!

by Damageplan on 2012-02-02 00:35:43

Mine hase the same problem.

The unit was bought brand new, I'll check back with my dealer next week.

I'm absolutely sure that there was never a little plastic block attached.

This unit was bought in germany!

HD500_USB.jpg

Cheers

Matthias

by holeshot1982 on 2012-02-02 03:28:17

Check the USB Cable you used to connect the POD, the plastic block is probably attached to that, that seems to be what happens once it breaks off the POD....Good luck with your dealer. Let us know how it turns out.

by meambobbo on 2012-02-02 07:09:26

Mine has always had a block and I haven't had any issues with it, but I do agree that it feels cheap and that I baby it when I connect and disconnect it.  It is definitely loose when plugged in, but it's not so loose as to lose a connection, even with a little wobble.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing - if it did get stepped on, i'm hoping it would disconnect before breaking the support block, something that would not happen if it connected snug.

Anyway, I've had my unit over a year and I've moved the unit around while plugged in via usb and connected and disconnected a good bit and I've never had an issue with it.  Of course, harder plastic can't cost very much.

by Damageplan on 2012-02-02 09:32:00

There was never a USB cable connected so far.

I was using the HD500 as a FX unit with 4CM and my Mesa Recti.

Last weekend i took this unit home to test the amp sims and to record some ideas.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Cheers

by holeshot1982 on 2012-02-02 12:21:30

WOW, Im at a lost for words on that one...If you bought it brand new, factory sealed there should have been a block over the 4 pins. Those of us that has had this issue and the block break off and disconnecting the USB cable.....Sorry to hear this is happening. Mine only gets plugged up about once every 2 weeks now and that's only to dump and back up the changes I've made on the patches.....

by jimsreynolds on 2012-02-02 15:31:50

If anyone has any doubt what the working, intact USB port looks like then here is a (slightly grainy) screenshot.  You can clearly see the black plastic block.  Contrast this with Damage plan's diagram and the difference is obvious.

interfaces.jpg

by holeshot1982 on 2012-02-02 18:30:13

Why would anyone doubt that it did have the plastic block? As noted earlier on a few of us confirmed it comes new with a block....It's the quailty of the block that's disputed...

by Damageplan on 2012-02-02 22:38:14

Well, I was never in doubt that the POD come with a correct USB port.

It seems that I had bad luck on this unit.

A friend of mine also has a HD500 and after giving him a call yesterday he told me that his USB port is in perfect condition.

I'm off to my dealer on monday morning, it's Thomann by the way, I live only 20 minutes away from the shop :-)

So hopefully they can help me.

I'll report back here.

Cheers

by jimsreynolds on 2012-02-03 00:43:40

For clarity:  I posted the pic cause other people come looking for issues like these later and some of them may be unclear as to what the interface should actually look like when the world is a shiny happy place.  I put the pic up for their benefit.  Apologies if it seemed that I was trying to make a point of some klind - that wasn't what I intended.

by Damageplan on 2012-02-10 00:01:30

Just for your info:

My POD HD500 was sent out by Thomann to the Line6 Service in Germany.

They said that this is a case for product warranty and it will take 5 to 10 days until i get it back.

I'll post again when i got the unit back.

by holeshot1982 on 2012-02-10 03:58:13

That's good news... So you're the second person to get theirs repaired under warranty...Although I think the frist guy had a little trouble at first but eventually they agreed to do it... Keep us updated as to how long it took to get it back.

by Damageplan on 2012-02-16 04:56:55

WTF???

Today I got an email from Thomann which they forwarded to me from the Line6 Service in Germany.

They told me, that this is not a warranty case, because the USB port was broken due to external forces and a repair would cost me 78 Euros.

I answered that this must be a joke, I hope that Thomann now gets back to me for finding a solution.

Do you know who the first guy was which had a bit of trouble???

I'm very disappointed that things now get complicated :-(

by Chorbz01 on 2012-02-16 05:03:16

Call Line 6 Customer Service and explain the issue. They will send you an email confirmation that says that this repair is covered under warranty and you could forward it to the service center. I suspect what is happening with you is the same thing that happened to me: The service center is trying to screw you and double dip by having both Line 6 and you pay for the same repair. At least that is what happened in my case, and I caught them red handed.

by Damageplan on 2012-02-16 05:20:47

Wow, that's a very bad fraud.

Ok, where can i find contact informations of the Line 6 Customer Service?

Do they only have one in the US?

Thanks for your answer!

by jimsreynolds on 2012-02-16 05:28:26

How about this link?  Reference this thread.  Let us know if this channel works.

http://line6.com/company/contact/service_center_help/

EDIT:">http://line6.com/company/contact/service_center_help/">http://line6.com/company/contact/service_center_help/

EDIT: And this from an FAQ ...

3)      I’m having a problem with a repair center, who can I contact?

We recommend that you contact the Line 6 location closest to you for your issue. Our corporate offices are listed on our Contact Page. You may also leave your comment on our form for problems with your service center. You will need to be logged in to your Line 6 account.

Corporate Contacts

Line 6 - North America

Line 6, Inc.
26580  Agoura Road
Calabasas, CA 91302-1921

Main Phone#: (818) 575-3600
Main Fax#: (818) 575-3601

Line 6 - Europe

Line 6, Inc.
The POD
Clifton House
Butler's Leap
Rugby, Warwickshire
United Kingdom, CV21 3RQ

Telefone: +44 (0) 1788 566 566
Fax: +44 (0) 1788 566 529

by Damageplan on 2012-02-16 05:31:59

Yes, thank you.

I already found it and send Line6 a message.

by Damageplan on 2012-02-17 03:11:59

No answer yet, neither from Musikhaus Thomann nor from Line6 Support

by holeshot1982 on 2012-02-17 04:35:23

I would probably call them instead of waiting for a e-mail....

by Damageplan on 2012-02-22 09:14:29

HURRAY, today my POD HD500 came back to me.

Thanks to the customer service at Musikhaus Thomann i got my USB port repaired under warranty!!!

They where just great and told the Line6 service that this is absolutely a case for warranty!

They also told me, that they are very unsatisfied with Line6 service center here in germany (I don't know which one it is, cause it seems that there are three of them here in germany!) and they thinking about how they can prevent such trouble in the future.

So maybe I'm not the only customer of Thomann who ran into trouble.

Anyways, I'm very glad that in the end everything turned out well for me.

I hope, that my USB port don't get broken again in the future.

Cheers

Matthias

by jimsreynolds on 2012-02-23 02:15:39

Nice to hear the retailer is in your corner.  Go Thomann!

by holeshot1982 on 2012-02-23 03:25:00

Good deal man, glad to hear it....Let's hope it doesn't happen again...

by LoLify on 2012-03-03 08:34:00

This happened to my pod hd500 too and now it won't connect to my pc anymore.

Is the only way to get it fixed by sending it in to a service center?

I need some help =[

by jonnyj on 2012-10-10 00:14:23

Just recieved my POD HD500 used with missing USB square. I have the option of sending it back for a refund. For now until I decide if I want to return it I was wondering if there was someway I can temporary insert a small piece of plastic or something to keep the pins in place for the cable to be used at least temporarily? Going to try later today. I'm unable to spend more money on it to get it fixed.

by CairnsFella on 2012-10-11 00:37:52

I havent had this issue, but I would say "SEND IT BACK".

You really need this interface, even if you dont use HD Edit or stream audio to the PC, as you will need it to update your firmware, and maybe even to reflash firmware if any other issues arise. Any further fiddling on your part is most likely to cause further harm.

I am quite surprised that this issue hasnt been adressed directly by line 6. It may be few and far between, but it does seem to be more than a freak occurrence. I realize that new owners seem to have theirs repaired under warranty, but I think this is a case where perhaps even used units should have some form of cover, even if the customer has to share shipping or something. If not, it seems that one day in the future there may be relatively few HD500's still communicating with a PC.

by mrzwo on 2012-10-11 01:01:36

This happened to mine 10 days after I bought an HD 500 in September

I was told initially that it was my fault and wouldn't be covered by warranty, and I had to take it back to the shop where I bought it.

Having looked at the forums and seeing that this was a problem that many many others had suffered, and that I have a Line 6 UX2 and an M-Audio keyboard with the same sort of USB for about 3 to 4 years and not had trouble with either.

Line 6 told the shop that there was a problem with the HD 500 having a weak USB socket, and it wasn't my fault and they would fix it under warranty.

Line 6 wouldnt let me send it direct to them I had to take it back to the shop. This involved an 80 mile round trip to take it and pick it up again a week later. Not Happy !!!!.

They fixed it and its been fine since, not even an apology or anything from line 6, £500 product unit and 160 miles later they could have said sorry for the inconvenience and posted it directly back to me when I asked  after all they had to courier it 80 miles past my front door to send it to the shop.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE THESE DAYS ???

I was aiming for a dream rig to complement my HD 500, spend another £1500 on line 6 stuff, I think not !!

by CairnsFella on 2012-10-11 02:37:35
spend another £1500 on line 6 stuff, I think not !!

Shame this. Not that I have or can comment upon the other equipment, but its obviously possible that the other gear has less issues. That said I can understand your reasoning. I guess its for line 6 to decide what measures they want to take to maintain customer satisfaction.

by holeshot1982 on 2012-10-11 04:01:51

SEND IT BACK! No use in trying to fix it yourself unless you know electroics and take the HD500 apart and replace the socket yourself..... Otherwise send it back, and if you decide to try another used one, ask to see a picture of the USB to be sure it is intact...

by mrzwo on 2012-10-11 23:32:35

CairnsFella wrote:

pend another £1500 on line 6 stuff, I think not !!

Shame this. Not that I have or can comment upon the other equipment, but its obviously possible that the other gear has less issues. That said I can understand your reasoning. I guess its for line 6 to decide what measures they want to take to maintain customer satisfaction.

Thanks for your thoughts ,The other gear may have less issues, its the attitude of the company I have issues with, If something goes wrong I want the company to address the problem with the least amount of inconvenience to me as possible this used to be called

" providing a service" in the current climate with fewer customers to go round you would have thought companys would do their utmost to provide customer satisfaction and listen. you dont have to read for long on this forum to see this is not the case.

by CairnsFella on 2012-10-12 00:51:52
you would have thought companys would do their utmost to provide customer satisfaction and listen. you dont have to read for long on this forum to see this is not the case.

Well... to some extent, agreed. I cant speak for the music technology arena, but I know many manufacturers in other areas do operate on much tighter margins than days gone by, but still, your right, the product should still be adequately supported.

In fact it would seem that once the product is out the door, much of the support work is done by the kind individuals on the forum here. I realise we were talking about physical product support, however in general terms, for a product that clearly requires a lot more than the manuals can provide, Line 6 remains remarkably silent.

Whilst I, for the most part, have been enjoying the learning process through the insights of experts and avid users, I tend to forget that often people are asking questions that Line 6 should be able to answer decisively and conclusively, yet they seemingly choose to let customers do this for them (even when speculation reigns). In fact some topics have seemingly gone on for months regarding issues that at least one Line 6 employee would know off the top of their head (well... if not, I'd really wonder what the world was coming to)

Anyway, whilst this was a partial digression, the fact remains that the problem you are victim of is not a rarity for this product. I have been using USB devices for since their inception, and whilst it is likely this problem may have occurred before in other products, I have honestly never heard of it. I doubt I would be going out on too much of a limb to suggest (without having even checked) that if you visited forums for similar products, the same problem would likely be either rarer, or acknowledged by the company.

Of course, I am not saying Line 6 have the worst customer support on the planet (I realise for example, they were happy to repair a different USB problem with X3 live boards out of warranty). However, being "not the worst" is hardly a praiseworthy state of affairs.

(and before I am flamed for being overly critical here, I believe I am merely reflecting what I have seen in these forums. Certainly there are many happy customers... indeed I am (more or less) one of those individuals. I think what the unit can do is fantastic, I just feel that in terms of demonstrated support (responding to questions, keeping users updated, hardware problems) there has been nothing to suggest that line 6 is particularly adequate, let alone good.

by mrzwo on 2012-10-12 01:15:27

CairnsFella wrote:

you would have thought companys would do their utmost to provide customer satisfaction and listen. you dont have to read for long on this forum to see this is not the case.

Well... to some extent, agreed. I cant speak for the music technology arena, but I know many manufacturers in other areas do operate on much tighter margins than days gone by, but still, your right, the product should still be adequately supported.

In fact it would seem that once the product is out the door, much of the support work is done by the kind individuals on the forum here. I realise we were talking about physical product support, however in general terms, for a product that clearly requires a lot more than the manuals can provide, Line 6 remains remarkably silent.

Whilst I, for the most part, have been enjoying the learning process through the insights of experts and avid users, I tend to forget that often people are asking questions that Line 6 should be able to answer decisively and conclusively, yet they seemingly choose to let customers do this for them (even when speculation reigns). In fact some topics have seemingly gone on for months regarding issues that at least one Line 6 employee would know off the top of their head (well... if not, I'd really wonder what the world was coming to)

Anyway, whilst this was a partial digression, the fact remains that the problem you are victim of is not a rarity for this product. I have been using USB devices for since their inception, and whilst it is likely this problem may have occurred before in other products, I have honestly never heard of it. I doubt I would be going out on too much of a limb to suggest (without having even checked) that if you visited forums for similar products, the same problem would likely be either rarer, or acknowledged by the company.

Of course, I am not saying Line 6 have the worst customer support on the planet (I realise for example, they were happy to repair a different USB problem with X3 live boards out of warranty). However, being "not the worst" is hardly a praiseworthy state of affairs.

(and before I am flamed for being overly critical here, I believe I am merely reflecting what I have seen in these forums. Certainly there are many happy customers... indeed I am (more or less) one of those individuals. I think what the unit can do is fantastic, I just feel that in terms of demonstrated support (responding to questions, keeping users updated, hardware problems) there has been nothing to suggest that line 6 is particularly adequate, let alone good.

Agreed !!

by FlashGunz on 2013-01-31 21:18:18

I am so happy and thank each and everyone of you for the picture ect . I would not have known the the prong configuration to be able to fix it as other people have stated the plastic piece that covers the prong come off and gets lost very easy. That said my pod hd 500 had the same issue and it looked as though there was only 2 prongs for the usb wire which made me unsure untill seeing the pictures showing 4 which was posted by Damageplan . Well here I got out a set of treezers and bent the 2 prongs that were not evident apart and voila it is working . I would like to thank everyone that contributed to this forum and now being a pod user will help out as much as I can as I learn this new device . Thank you all again and I look forward to sharing any knowledge as well as music with you all

If there are any tips anyone can give please feel free to send them my way

by Alexrohloff on 2013-03-05 04:00:48

I've got the same problem - bent pins, no block.  I live in South Africa so there's no authorized repair centre here.  Is it technically possible for me to purchase a generic spare USB jack and replace the one on the unit?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.