These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Spider Jam Firmware update needed
by JRW5150 on 2011-04-12 13:53:04

I have purchased 2GB SD memory cards to save my custom tone setups and recordings.  When I tried to "initialize" the memory card, I couldn't do it - no path/instructions available on my amp!  Is my Firmware out-of-date? Can I upgrade my Firmware so I can save tones and recordings to the SD memory card?  How do I do this?  Please advise.  Thank you!

Best regards.

Jeffrey Reid Whitaker

RE: Spider Jam Firmware update needed
by Line6david on 2011-04-13 14:40:31

Hi,

You can see the firmware version in the save menu (near the bottom of the list next to firmware upgrade.)

The Latest is 2.09

The SD Card will have to be FAT 16 formatted and you will have to download the latest flash memory version from the website:

http://line6.com/software/

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4778

Next, insert the card with the flash memory file on it and select upgrade firmware from the save menu.

If you do not have an upgrade firmware option, power the amp off/on while holding save and then insert the SD card.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Spider Jam Firmware update needed
by wjcunning on 2013-01-29 16:32:32

I tried two SD cards, 2Gbyte and 1Gbyte respectively, neither worked when formatted FAT on a WIN7 machine.

This solution worked for me....

SDCARD.ORG hosts a freeware SDCARD formatter that worked for both my cards. I downloaded and installed the formatter, proceeded to format both sd cards using the default settings, and both were immediately recognized by the Spider Jam.

So......reformat using the SDCARD.ORG tool, then cut and paste the Spider Jam update software to the freshly formatted SD card.

Thrn the Spider Jam on, then hold the SAVE button down while you turn the amp off, wait 5 seconds, then power back on while still holding the SAVE button down.

The LED display will prompt you to insert an SD Card....

I put mine into the slot, waited about a minute, then pushed the SAVE Button, scrolled down to "Upgrade", and followed the prompts to begin the upgrade...then walked away. Came back about 5 bminutes later, pressed the SAVE button, scrolled down to Sofrtware Version....and voila....it was upgraded perfectly.

Hope this helps you.

Best

Bill C

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.